Recommend me an LCD for Dad...

jatwap

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy my Dad a LCD for Xmas and wanted some expert advice on the best buy assuming the following criteria:

Price = £1200 max
Size = 37" or 40" LCD
Tech = must be HD ready, no other major requirements

Other - would prefer if it could be one which is sold by John Lewis so I can try for a pricematch deal!

Thanks!:hiya:

this is a great tv:

Toshiba 37WLT68 37" HD Ready Freeview Digital LCD TV With 3 x HDMI fro £1,159.00

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model-2761.html

and on John Lewis Site

http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+TV/Televisions/Televisions/LCD+TV/1284/230403804/Product.aspx

they should price match hopefully as Digital point have a shop Birmingham

Thanks, this looks good, though I've read (albeit briefly) that the Sony LCD's are very good - how does this compare?, do you reckon this is the best value for money for ~£1000?

Thanks...

Sony do a 40V200 for £1190

Anyone with any other suggestions?/comments?...

Sharp LC42XD1E - full 1080p and so far highly rated, less than £1100 from Empire Direct and others.

The LG has poor freview performance and the Sony only has one HDMI socket and is about to be replaced.

I would recommend the Toshiba 37wlt68, read the WLT68 thread, one guy has had 10 TVs including the Sony and settled on the Tosh as the best.

The LG has poor freview performance and the Sony only has one HDMI socket and is about to be replaced.

I would recommend the Toshiba 37wlt68, read the WLT68 thread, one guy has had 10 TVs including the Sony and settled on the Tosh as the best.
Nice one, I think you're right and if there's no more suggestions of a better value LCD for the money I'm off to JL tomorrow to buy this one (pricematched, of course!)

Thanks..:hiya:

At the moment John Lewis only have the bigger sizes in this model as the model is quite new...

the 37" is like gold dust i've been on back order for a while... empire direct have ordered 50 and are expecting them in the next two weeks... i phoned them yesterday and 12 people had placed orders so you should be able to get in the next batch... that is if sharp deliver 50 :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom