Recommend me an iphone dock speaker system please.

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm after a decent iphone 4 speaker dock system, prefer one with an alarm perhaps but no biggie if not, anyone recommend one.

Also is it posisble to use a full song as an alarm wake up sound, when I use my iphone 4 alarm function I have to use a ringtone and it wont let me select a song to use so I can have the full song play for the alarm sound.

Thanks peeps.

How much cash have you?

I've got a Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin, its awesome but £400:eek:

Hi anyone recommend a portable speaker set? Loud enough for a beach perhaps.

the bose sound-dock sounds great... I have one, clarity is impressive.

Try the Logitech S315, around £55 in Costco, good sound and battery powered for 20 hours.

Only use on a "youngsters beach" in Spain pls, nobody will want to hear your crap music :)

Whats the watts on it please, also only thing with that is if the battery dies you cant add new one can you whilst out as its an internal battery you charge, shame as it looks good.

I still use the ipod hi-fi, still annoys me that it wouldnt charge my old iphone.

Great sound though, always did wonder why it disappeared from the apple store so quick.

I second the Bose dock. Some of the best money vie spent:thumbsup:

if it is a shootout between the B&W and the Bose, the Bose isn't a patch on the B&W, it doesn't even come close. i don't think either would be the best portable solution though

Beatbox by Dr.Dre sounds awesome - tried it in the stor ethe other day.
Not cheap though at £300!

I've currently got this Sony ICF-C1iP iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Radio to use as a speaker and an alarm clock radio which is really good. The sound could possibly be better but for the price and what it does its perfect.

Theres an app, I think its called any ring, which allows you to use a full song for your alarm.

I've currently got this Sony ICF-C1iP iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Radio to use as a speaker and an alarm clock radio which is really good. The sound could possibly be better but for the price and what it does its perfect.

Theres an app, I think its called any ring, which allows you to use a full song for your alarm.

I too have the Bose Sound Dock and am more than impressed with the clarity, although, with everything heard about the B&W Zepplin, I'm sure that it would be much superior.

I am thinking of getting the brand new and updated Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin but its £500. :eek:
Will look neat in my conservatory though

Whilst it would not be an all-in-one pretty design, the temptation is there to buy a £150 amp, £300 book-shelf speakers and spend the change on a budget iPod dock + speaker cables

Whilst it would not be an all-in-one pretty design, the temptation is there to buy a £150 amp, £300 book-shelf speakers and spend the change on a budget iPod dock + speaker cables

You could also factor in an Airport Express to stream the music to the amp/speakers via AirPlay, instead of docking it.

Or just pick up an Airplay enabled Amp/Mini System like the Denon or the Marantz?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom