Recommend me an amp?

sonicsnail

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have an Onkyo NR616 which runs 5.1 (QAcoustics Q7000) in the living room, and powered Zone 2 is a pair of ceiling speakers in the Kitchen.

I have not yet used the unpowered zone 3 - and I'd like to utilise it in the garden.

There is no power supply in the garden.

I'd like to put 2 speakers on the back of the house - providing coverage over the patio, and I'd like to put another 2 speakers further away in the "sitootery" (where we sit oot!). Ideally, I'd like to be able to control the volume of the two outside zones separately (or indeed toggle them on/off separately).

I have a central hub with the AV equipment in it... I'd propose to put my new "outdoor zones" amp in there too.

I'd like something as "slimline" as possible - nothing as big as the existing Onkyo! - and I think my budget is leaning towards the 2nd hand. Audio quality isn't a massive priority for outside obviously.

Budget = £200 max. Preferably half that!

any suggestions of what I should be scouring ebay for?!

thanks,

Pete

sonicsnail

Standard Member
Oh, I should have said; I've seen an ARCAM ALPHA 5 but its 2nd zone is simply "on" or "off" - so no abillty to control the zone volumes seperately. :-S

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom