Recommend me an affordable multi fx guitar pedal...

bones`

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Pretty clueless on these things but its a present for my son who can play quite well and is for home use (for the time being) and something that saves getting a raft of peddles. I have been looking along the lines of Boss ME-25 and Line 6 Floor POD. Are there any other sub £200 boxes I should be looking at or does anyone own the above and would care to share thier experiences? :thumbsup:

I've the Boss ME-50 and it's cracking pedal. I'm sorely tempted to upgrade to the ME-70 as they've improved it immensely.
One *major* consideration when buying a multi fx pedal is ease of use. Many pedals are made affordable because they reduce the amount of controls (knobs) available, so say, a pedal might have four knobs, these are assigned differently depending on the settings, distortion, delay etc. etc. This means you can't just twiddle a control at will without selecting that effect first (I hope that makes sense?). Looking at the picture I think this is the case with the ME-25. Personally (and it is personal preference) I can't be doing with laborious button pressing when I want to change something simple. I bought a Zoom pedal some time ago that was of this sort, couldn't be bothered with it at all, just too much hassle.

Something like the Boss ME-70 has dedicated knobs for each effect so it's just like bolting together individual pedals, much much easier to use. There's a lot more to it than just that but essentially it's (in my case ME-50) a joy to use. :smashin:

If you can stretch the budget to this, I guarantee the lad wont be disappointed. If someone bought me a ME-70 I would wet myself in sheer delight. :blush:

Boss ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

Can't help you on the Line 6 stuff, maybe somebody else can?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks Chadford, reading up on some of these things ease of use seems a common complaint at my budget, I guess I need a trip to my local music shops and get a demo :thumbsup:

I use the Zoom G2.1, fantastic pedal for the price. It does have a cheaper brother without the foot pedal too.

Ease of use is always a problem, but as long as you invest some time putting together the sounds you want, using them is a sinch on the Zoom :smashin:

I've the Boss ME-50 and it's cracking pedal. I'm sorely tempted to upgrade to the ME-70 as they've improved it immensely.
One *major* consideration when buying a multi fx pedal is ease of use. Many pedals are made affordable because they reduce the amount of controls (knobs) available, so say, a pedal might have four knobs, these are assigned differently depending on the settings, distortion, delay etc. etc. This means you can't just twiddle a control at will without selecting that effect first (I hope that makes sense?). Looking at the picture I think this is the case with the ME-25. Personally (and it is personal preference) I can't be doing with laborious button pressing when I want to change something simple. I bought a Zoom pedal some time ago that was of this sort, couldn't be bothered with it at all, just too much hassle.

Something like the Boss ME-70 has dedicated knobs for each effect so it's just like bolting together individual pedals, much much easier to use. There's a lot more to it than just that but essentially it's (in my case ME-50) a joy to use. :smashin:

If you can stretch the budget to this, I guarantee the lad wont be disappointed. If someone bought me a ME-70 I would wet myself in sheer delight. :blush:

Boss ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

Can't help you on the Line 6 stuff, maybe somebody else can?
Me 50- is a great multi!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom