• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend Me A Sony TV

MartynVRS

Standard Member
My parents TV is on the way out and they will need a new one soon. Their current one is a 26" but they could go to a 32". Their budget is £360. Reason I want Sony is I have a 26" and I love it. I am however open to other suggestions and some pros and cons of each TV would be good too.

Thanks in advance

Martyn

matt41

Sony 32'' £270 at Sainsbury's.

MartynVRS

Standard Member
32ex403 definitely worth a look , a few quid over budget (after VAT back) but 5 year warranty and HD Freeview tuner

Buy Sony Bravia KDL32EX403U LCD HD 1080p Television, 32 inch with Built-in Freeview HD online at JohnLewis.com

Review...(of bigger brother) AVForums.com - Sony KDL-40EX403 Review

That's not too bad with the VAT discount although not too sure if the internet bit of it is worth it. We currently have cable (Virgin Media) so we already have many On Demand features like iPlayer, etc. Plus I'd need a WiFi dongle which should be around £20 for a half decent one.

I know the BRAVIA engine is different between the 401 and the 403 but is it worth the price difference?

Thanks for the review. The sound quality is rated poor? What's wrong with it?

MartynVRS

Standard Member
Just seen the EX503 that is 100Hz where as the EX403 is only 50Hz. Now sure if it's worth over £100 more for it. Spec wise apart from that they look the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom