Recommend me a small "all in one" unit with USB ?

so what are my options

get something like the teufal connector and use my current speakers and i can add my CD player to it but doesn't look I'll be able to plug a Radio into easily if at all.

or get something like the Tibo Cd player

or ?

get an amp, tuner and speakers separates

I did look at that Tibo (actually i think it was a streamer without a CD player), but i didn't really read up on it

so could i use my speakers on that in stereo ? if so , it looks like it could fit the bill !

Yes you could plug this directly in to your current speakers and use the speakers own volume control. Nothing more needed.

looks good, although it has no USB input and id have to buy speakers ? unless i can use M-Audios ? (not sure on the speaker connection on that denon)

You would need to look into it further but a quick look suggests you might have to use an app to control the Panasonic for USB playback. As you previously suggested you didn't want to faff about with that type of thing, I assume that would rule it out.

The JVC looks more like the type of thing you are after but at these prices, don't expect anything to sound particularly good. I would certainly want to pop in store for a quick listen to ensure it's not awful.

My gut feeling is you would get much better sound with the Tibo CD/USB player and your existing speakers. It would also give you the option to upgrade speakers and/or add an amp in the future whereas with the Panasonic or JVC, you would have to chuck it out and start from scratch.

You would need to look into it further but a quick look suggests you might have to use an app to control the Panasonic for USB playback. As you previously suggested you didn't want to faff about with that type of thing, I assume that would rule it out.

The JVC looks more like the type of thing you are after but at these prices, don't expect anything to sound particularly good. I would certainly want to pop in store for a quick listen to ensure it's not awful.

My gut feeling is you would get much better sound with the Tibo CD/USB player and your existing speakers. It would also give you the option to upgrade speakers and/or add an amp in the future whereas with the Panasonic or JVC, you would have to chuck it out and start from scratch.

think your right

Wasn't sure how i would get a tuner connected

but I have a solution

i have these gold connector blocks (see attached)
tested using PC, and I can play with CD player OR Tuner

so i think at the moment the Tibo CD player and a Tibo Tuner is the way forward

Attachments

• 20220417_150727.jpg
    20220417_150727.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 25
Your speakers have front and rear inputs. A better way might be to connect the CD player to the back and tuner to the front using a cable like the one in the link. This one picked at random but cheaper options available.

Amazon product ASIN B088GR2Z2G

I've got plenty of them cables! haha

just means i would have to keep plugging in and out all the time, where as my solution would be leave it plug in, wires tucked away and forget :)

Oh ok. I was just wondering what may happen if you were to accidentally have both tuner and cd switched on together. I don't know if your speakers would throw their toys out the pram or not. Whilst I know a bit about putting systems together, I know little about the technical side of the electronics so my concern may not be valid.

If it did turn out to be a concern, there are plenty of things similar to this available that would solve the problem...

Amazon product ASIN B007VSFA2M

Last edited:
well , I looked on the bay, and saw a Marantz CD player, and noticed it had a USB socket on the front, so I did some research and decided i wanted a marantz CD player, so today, arrived a marantz CD 6006 that I bought from the classified section, although I haven't tested the USB port yet (only a CD) and so far, I'm really impressed ! the sound quality on these m-audio speakers are amazing !

:)

next stop I'll probably get the Marantz streamer that matches !

Oh ok. I was just wondering what may happen if you were to accidentally have both tuner and cd switched on together. I don't know if your speakers would throw their toys out the pram or not. Whilst I know a bit about putting systems together, I know little about the technical side of the electronics so my concern may not be valid.

If it did turn out to be a concern, there are plenty of things similar to this available that would solve the problem...

Amazon product ASIN B007VSFA2M

oh, just seen that switch box, anyone used one of them ? are they any good ? might have to get one as a temporary measure until I get an amplifier !

oh, just seen that switch box, anyone used one of them ? are they any good ? might have to get one as a temporary measure until I get an amplifier !

I had a QED one many years ago that was a bit more expensive. I used it to create a second subwoofer input and it worked fine. No idea if there was any loss in sound quality but it did the job.

I picked that one pictured at random though so search RCA input switch/selector/expander and see what comes up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom