Question Recommend me a Receiver

MrNathan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am planning on getting B&W 686 s2 speakers (unless someone can recommend a better alternative?):

B&W 686 S2 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Superfi

I've been searching the forums but all the receivers recommended for these (Denon X1000 etc), I can't seem to find online and the threads are quite old so may be outdated now.

The music source will be from my laptop/phone, wired connection is fine. I may possible want to add a sub in the future, is this possible or would I need another dedicated amp? This is just a bedroom stereo system I am aiming for.

Thanks

Will you ever want to connect this system to a TV? Are movies and TV and important consideration? If not, then I would say do not go for a Receiver but instead look for a good, dedicated integrated amp. Secondly, what made you select the 686 S2 speakers? have you listened to them? If so, what was the amp that you listened to them with and what did you think of the sound?

Finally, what is important to you? Flexibility and expansion (ie, you need several features on the amp)? Sound quality? What sort of sound do you like and what do you listen for?

Answering these will help us to give you a bewildering array of options to choose from. :) However, they will at least be targeted to what you are looking to achieve. Oh, and what's your budget?

Hi Cribbster,

Yes I'd potentially connect to a TV and will watch movies from my laptop with them.
Speaker selection, not entirely sure. No I haven't listened to them but I've read good things. I'm open to suggestions in that price range.
In the future, I'd like to add on yes. As mentioned, a sub possibly but apart from that I can't think of any options?
I listen to hip hop/edm and chilled stuff. if you're familiar, the kind of thing found on soulection on soundcloud lol.

Thanks for the help.

budget of about £600-£700 for speakers and receiver/amp.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom