1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a quiet VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by toadie, May 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys, just bought a brand new sharp 8515 or smth from amazon ( was only £50 ) but it;s so damn noisey. Has an annoying humm which is really quite loud to tell the truth. Never had this on my awia which has since been demoted to the bedroom.

Has the noise got anything to do with me have it on a glass rack ?

Anyways after a SVHS machine, so I guess that'll be a JVC or a PANASONIC. The jvc's just look damn ugly, like the look of the new panasonic machine thats sposed to be coming out this month, but cant really find any info about it.

Can you guys recommend a vcr which has a decent picture and most importantly is pretty quiet ?

Thanks in advance

Mart...

2. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My one is good - great picture, quiet, good features, reasonable price, Sony quality.

3. paul710

paul710
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pansonic model I bought 6 months ago has performed excellently for me. Apart from the picture quality the first thing I noticed was how quiet it was in use. Not sure if it has been replaced now but you still might be able to pick one up cheap (I paid £130 for it from Comet).

4. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply guys. Im pretty much interested in that its a very quiet machine ! I mean i dont expect absolute silence for obvious reasons, but the one if got i can still hear when im taping something whilst watching a dvd in surround sound ! so u can imagine it must be pretty loud !