1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a Processor??

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Bonzodogdick, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Bonzodogdick

Bonzodogdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stereo system =

Alpha 7SE CD
    Alpha 8R Amp
    Alpha 7 Tuner
    Linn Axis T/T.
    Yamaha KX 580 Cassette deck
    KEF Q35.2 Speakers

Got the Home cinema bug, but dont wanna lose my Arcam seperates.

Question.

Just ordered a 42" plasma and got a Denon 2910 DVD player and regular Panasonic Sky Digibox. As yet no surround amp/receiver (or proper surround speakers - just a pc type cheapo) . I truly love the sound my Arcam stereo makes and I dont want to put my Arcam stuff back into their boxes due to neglect, so is there a surround processor that I could run off my 8R amp out there that would do me for both my audio (Stereo) needs, and fulfill my home cinema needs aswell?

If theres an Arcam product that'd do the trick Id consider a 2nd hand model to keep the costs down. I can only really look at around £300.

Anybody got any ideas / advice? :thumbsup:

2. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    See the thread below.. about adding a yamaha process to an arcam 8. Isan't that the same as what you want to do.

Buy a modern intergrated A/V amp as long as it has pre-outs for Front L & R. Then stick these into the Arcam amp.

All you then need to do is have the arcam at a fixed volume when listening to music so set it at whatever postion but ensure it's always in that position when using whatever input you've put the AV Amp on.

Then connect the CD player, etc... directly into the Arcam so that you use the Arcam as the only amp for the CD Player but plumb the dvd player into the new A/V Amp.

You should be able to get something for around 200 quid that would do the job a Martantz 54/5500 something like that and you have the same stereo as before with an extra system for surround. Of course this also includes the amplification so then you just need speakers. Ensure you try to get a centre to tonally match your L & R, personally I don't think it's the end of the world if the rears don't match but matching the front three if possible is nice.

Steff

Steff

3. Bonzodogdick

Bonzodogdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Steff.

Your right. The thread below is almost a duplicate. Ill look into the Yam. At £160 it sounds a bargain.

:thumbsup: :beer: