Recommend me a mouse

shango

Any of you guys got any recommendation for mouses that are good for productivity/lightroom photo editing?

My Logitech MX Master is practically dead (was garbage from new) so need to replace, has to be comfortable, compatible with mac and programmable with buttons.

Preferably not Logitech as I'm falling out of favour with them more and more.

thanks

newbie1

Distinguished Member
Rather than a mouse did you think about a tablet and pen? They allow much finer control but take some getting used to. Mine came from www.wacom.com for example.

=adrian=

I use a gaming mouse for my editing. Mine is few years old. It's called Logitech G700 and it's wireless, just as I like it.

I am now looking to replace my ageing, useless, cheap editing tablet with a better one though.

shango

What was wrong with the master from day one?
Constant disconnects and lag on bluetooth, had to keep getting wired mouse out to re pair the thing, switched to logitech's receiver and that still lagged when doing something as simple as copying files, now after just over 1 year the battery is dead and can't make it past a day or 2 so have to have it plugged in all time and has major lag at all times.

Read loads of reports of the same when i first got it, i should have returned it there and then but I had faith in Logitech, looking at their forums and amazon reviews, new buyers are still facing same issues.

Not really acceptable for a £80 mouse

its a shame because it is a great mouse and they even added the old setpoint features in which was a big community request, just a shame they couldn't seem to fix the stability
I use a gaming mouse for my editing. Mine is few years old. It's called Logitech G700 and it's wireless, just as I like it.

I am now looking to replace my ageing, useless, cheap editing tablet with a better one though.
Am thinking of a gaming mouse but seems not all support mac

only1hammy

Any of you guys got any recommendation for mouses that are good for productivity/lightroom photo editing?

My Logitech MX Master is practically dead (was garbage from new) so need to replace, has to be comfortable, compatible with mac and programmable with buttons.

Preferably not Logitech as I'm falling out of favour with them more and more.

thanks
How do you feel about Microsoft's Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse? I've been using mine for a few years without issue. Long time Logitech user before this.

You'd have to check Mac compatibility, but a cursory look suggests it works and the Windows button can be remapped.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
What about a Trackball ?

shango

How do you feel about Microsoft's Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse? I've been using mine for a few years without issue. Long time Logitech user before this.

You'd have to check Mac compatibility, but a cursory look suggests it works and the Windows button can be remapped.
Thanks I'll take a look
What about a Trackball ?
Looked at them, interesting but not sure I'd get on with it, I have a track pad I thought would be handy but never used it

Considering one of those vertical mouses

damo_in_sale

I've spent hundreds on mice in the past, mainly Logitech. The most expensive was the Logitech MX Revolution at around £100 and it was rubbish.

By far the best I've ever used is the Razer Deathadder Chroma. Just ignore the silly 10,000 dpi settings regardless of your mouse and set it to around 800dpi or so.

shango

Thanks for all suggestions, checked them all out but none seemed to suit for various reasons

Call me a mug but I've gone and bought another Logitech, a MX Master 2s which is the latest version of what I'm replacing, it was only released just a few days ago.

Hopefully they have fixed the issues. If not I will return it.

=adrian=

Never been a fan of wireless mate. I even use my Spatha in wired mode lol. :laugh:
I've been using wireless for... I don't know... 5 or 6 years now, every day. Absolutely no problems... in game, photoshop, etc... well, except for the times when I have to connect the wire to charge it up. I don't like that :)

boltlock

Distinguished Member
I've been using wireless for... I don't know... 5 or 6 years now, every day. Absolutely no problems... in game, photoshop, etc... well, except for the times when I have to connect the wire to charge it up. I don't like that :)
Whilst I appreciate things have moved on in the wireless peripheral market, I guess I'm just set in my ways too much to change. A bit like ultra wide monitors - that's another no no for me. :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom