Recommend me a headphone amp for under £30-40....help please!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Cieran, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Cieran

Cieran
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Complete newbie badly needing some advice. I've already got a Fiio E6 but I need something for my TV - the main reason being that the volume of my media player when connected to the TV is pretty quiet.

I've seen some decent reviews for the B-Tech BT928 as it can be easily modded and is pretty cheap.

Would the B-Tech be a better option for listening to the TV than my Fiio? I've also seen various Muse products such as this one:

MUSE Tube 6N11 Class A Headphone Amplifier + Pre-AMP | eBay

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. Drubbing

Drubbing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Well the muse will probably make things louder, but I wouldn't expect anything else. I doubt it's a real tube amp for that price. Also, amping the sound from your TV might not provide great results, if the source is poor, you'll hear it.

3. pandemic

pandemic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    I've read it's a DIY tube and requires some manual adjusting to remove 'hissing'.
    I was a bit worried at this sentence of the listing; 'Note: Please wait at least 20 seconds before connecting your headphone to this amplifier or turning on your power amplifier.'