Question Recommend me a HDMI splitter

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Soundwave, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Soundwave

Soundwave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,511
    Hi All,

Just need some assistance if I can as I am in the market for a HDMI splitter

I have recently moved & had to do away with the AV Amp which was taking all my gubbins then feeding to the telly but now I have gone to a Soundbar & have lost a few inputs so need a splitter to help feed the gubbins to the telly.

As it stands I have 3 inputs on the Soundbar & 3 accessible inputs on the telly making 6 in total & I have already run out.

Setup is as follows -

TV -
    HDMI1 - Sky Q
    HDMI2 (ARC) - Soundbar
    HDMI3 - PS3

Soundbar -
    HDMI1 - Xbox One
    HDMI2 - PS4 Pro
    HDMI3 - Multi Region HD DVD Player (To be replaced by MR BD player at some point in the near future)

This leaves me with the following which still need to be hooked up to HDMI -

Jpn Xbox 360
    Nintendo Switch
    Region A BD Player

Eventually the Region A Player will go in favour of an all in jobbie & replace the HD-DVD player to but I still need at least 3 more inputs (including the PS3 which will lose it's connection once I feed the splitter to the TV) to hook everything up too

I'd prefer something small to tuck out of the way as the telly is wall mounted so want to keep neat.

Thanks in advance

Neil

2. Jamie

Jamie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,405
    It's not a splitter you need, that terminology is used for a box that sends a HDMI signal to multiple displays, what you want is a HDMI switch instead.

I'm afraid I can't recommend a switch as my last 2 amps have had enough inputs for my needs (my latest amp has 8 of the buggers) so I haven't bought a switch since HDMI 1.1 was the latest standard available. What sort of TV do you have, if it's a 4k set you'd need to make sure whatever switch you buy can support what you need (if it's 4k then HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.1 are what you're looking for it to support)

3. Soundwave

Soundwave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,511
    Thanks Jamie

Sorry for the confusion, I knew what I meant but put it down wrong.

Yeah that was my issue my last Amp had 5 inputs & then the 3 spare on the telly meant I was fine but sadly SWMBO & the lounge layout meant that Soundbar was going to be my only real option...I'm just lucky this has 3 inputs as well...otherwise I'd be up a creak already ;) lol

My TV is a Panasonic DX750B 4K Ready set

I don't think 4K is really needed on the switch box as the 3 4k pieces of equipment I have (X-One / PS4 Pro / Sky Q) are all already connected to 4k compliant inputs (2 on the Soundbar & 1 on the TV...Soundbar also connected to 2nd 4K ready Input on the telly)
    Everything else left to be connected is max 1080p output so just a switch that handles full HD would suffice for them.

I have been looking online & Amazon & several places have cheap options but on past experience of previous cheap switch options, these aren't always the best so was hoping someone else might have an idea on recommended ones

Thanks again for the assistance

Neil