Recommend me a good battery charger

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by overfloe, May 9, 2003.

1. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I recently bought 4 x Panasonic Pro+ 2000mAh batteries unfortunately they are not compatible with my Kodak K200 charger. Currently I'm charging the batteries using my friend's Sony BC-CS1 charger and so far so good.. So now I'm looking for a new universal battery charger that can charge 4 batteries at a time, with quick charging time and with auto timer as a plus.. Any ideas?

Million thanks :blush:

2. ajp558

ajp558

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Overfloe,

If all you need is a charger for AA & AAA batteries then how about one of the latest "intelligent" chargers which work out how much charge is needed rather than just charge for a set time?

I recently bought one of these from 7dayshop.com. Extremely good so far & much, much cheaper than I could buy from anywhere else. I was fed up with poor charging from my old fast timed charger. This is extremely quick, small & comes with an adaptor to run from car ciggy lighter.

I can certainly recommend it if you don't need it urgently as 7dayshop are based in Channel Islands hence no VAT & bargain prices. Took about a week for mine to arrive.

link - http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=9571

AJP.

3. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info ajp558,
    unfortunately the charger comes with 4 batteries.. i don't need 'em as i have bought 4 x panasonic 2000mah batts (from 7dayshop too).. i just want charger, not charger+batts pack :(

4. m@rk

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    There are 2 makes that seem to constantly get good reviews

Maha and Ansmann

For the Maha ones (I have one of these) I could only find one UK supplier at www.mahaenergy.co.uk and you can buy either the charger or a bundle including a set of batteries.

Both these vendors produce 'intelligent' chargers that actually work out how much the batteries need charging and then drop to a trickle charge after that.

The problem with many of the cheap chargers is that they just charge for a set amount of time regardless of the amount of charge left so you could fully charge your batteries, take them out of the charger, wait a few seconds and then put them back in and the charger would proceed to give them a full charge again. This is not good.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,441
    I've got the Ansmann Powerline 4 charger. It has changeable plugs so it can be used abroad (also multi voltage) and comes with 4 2000mAh AA batteries.

I got it from www.fotosense.co.uk

I know you said you only want the charger, but I'm sure you could sell the new batteries. When I was looking for a charger they all seemed to be supplied with batteries.

Mark.