• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend me a footy manager game

mark2160p

Prominent Member
Hi folks, wandering if there is any good footy manager games other the the FM franchise? I loved them up until around FM2010, then got too realistic to the point it took the fun out of it (well for me anyway). I personally hate dealing with players emotions, dealing with agents and journalist and contract negotiations. The most enjoyable footy manager games I loved was the 1993-1998 era with games like champ manager 2, premier manager 1,2&3 USM 98 and SWOS. Anyone else got bored of the FM franchise and gone elsewhere?

mark2160p

Prominent Member
Thanks will check it out, think I used to have that one

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
I recently got FM14, although havent played it yet... but when reading up about that and FM13 (which could be had for £1.99, hence a consideration even though out of date) I noted that they have added a Classic mode, which i think strips back a load of the stuff in the game.

Therefore, might still be worth a check as i'm guessing the classic mode will be more like the older school stuff you like.....???

mark2160p

Prominent Member
I noted that they have added a Classic mode, which i think strips back a load of the stuff in the game.

Therefore, might still be worth a check as i'm guessing the classic mode will be more like the older school stuff you like.....???
Surprisingly no, FM13 was my last one and bought because I thought classic mode would be like CM2 or CM3, but still had the journalists and dealing with agents and another load of gumpf I passed to my asst mgr.

By the time I got to my first game of the season after all the friendlies etc. I got 1 player on a free, with 20 failed bids via agents and immigration paperwork and lost 4-0 to wolves. Ok I am playing Ipswich, so I made life is difficult to start off with, but just got fed up...

In previous editions I would play to the point Lionel Messi retired and barely recognised any real footballer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom