Recommend me a fan controller

martyn3000

Got a budget of £30. Has to be able to control fans automaticly as well as manually. Needs to be either 1x 5.25" or 2x 5.25" bay size. Also needs to be able to control the CPU fan, not sure if they all do this any way...

The ones I've got my eye on are Scan.co.uk: EN55192 - Aerocool Modern V TwinBay 4x Fan Controller inc Alarm & Overheating Protection- auto/manual Control and Scan.co.uk: sentry 2 touch - NZXT Sentry 2, Touch Screen Fan Controller, 5.25"

Never used a fan controller before, so I'm unsure which are the best ones.

Michael

Quite often the motherboard can controll the cpu on its own.
It's worth having a look.

Other than that, the two you picked look pretty good, but I'd go for the second, due to it only needing one drive bay.

Also, nice avatar :smashin:

martyn3000

Ha, can't beat the cookie monster.

I used to be able to control my stock CPU fan with the motherboard, but now have a Zalman 9700 LED, which is just fitted with a manual fan speed controller unit. My main use of a fan controller would be to control the CPU fan automaticly.

gliderguider

Standard Member
I recently got the Aerocool Cool Panel 3, incorporates a flash card reader. Pretty good for the price, but it is for 3 pin fans. Shame my Coolermaster Storm has 4 pin Molex connectors for the fans, a whole world of extra cables etc!

Be sure the one you choose has all the right connectors. Otherwise, order them with your fan controller, or you'll be frustrated waiting for more things on order!

AJD

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom