Recommend me a DVD player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bonzodogdick, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Bonzodogdick

Bonzodogdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive taken the plunge into home cinema by ordering a Pannasonic Viera 42. My idea is to slowly build up to a good system. My previous DVD player is a PS2, so Im sure many dedicated players would beat that in terms of picture quality. Anyhow, If I could keep it around the £300 mark that would be nice, though I could probably stretch to £500 at a push. Any players that stand out in this price bracket? And also I wouldnt mind having a listen to SACD (if only to give Dark Side Of The Moon a demo), but Im not too bothered if it means compromising quality elsewhere.

Any info greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. xbiggy

xbiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well m8 i have a 42" viera and it was hooked up to pioneer 565 but had prog scan problems where the whole picture drops to the bottom of the screen.when i asked a retailer i was told that pioneer and panasonic have problems when connected together so brought a denon 2200.got to say the quality of the denon on the plasma in prog scan was awesome but having playback issues with the denon so it has to go back so am now in same boat as you.if you can get a player to try on ur system first then would recomend that route and then decide what u happy with.
    hope that helps a little?