• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend me a cheap ceiling mount

Deano70

Standard Member
Hi folks I have just purchased a Optoma HD20 projector can anyone recommend me a suitable mount that doesn't cost the earth, there seems to be plenty on ebay or should I avoid?.

LCR_Dave

i got one off ebay coupe of days ago for £15, it does the job but ive got a epson tw3500 hanging on it and it just hasnt got the strength to stay flat and always wants to tilt down, im sure the hd20 is much lighter though......

Nokmondoo

LCR_Dave

hi mate, yes it was that one, i tightened it as much as i dared to without shearing the bolt but i found the play is where the silver cylinder meets either end cup..... bodged it for now but not really happy with it, so i may take it down again over the weekend to have a play with it :smashin:

frosty1979

I've got one of these with my HD200X hanging off it, and have to agree that it is not the most stable of mounts. When I put the lense cover on the PJ it moves a bit so I have to adjust it the next time I turn it on, but for £10 you can't complain and it does the job for now.

LCR_Dave

yeah exaxtly, to be honest it wouldn be that hard to make your own using the arms from this one, the bit that makes it unstable is the silly "quick release" part of it where you undo those allen head bolts to grip the collar, im going to dump that bit and make a solid rod so there is no movement and just use the collar to cover the rod.:smashin:

dannydanny

my HD20 hangs off one of these, and it's superb: Ceiling Mount To Fit Optoma HD20 on eBay (end time 26-Jun-10 21:31:46 BST)

gives the required 10cm gap between ceiling and pj also as per optoma guidelines for cooling! :thumbsup:

pics of mine below:
1photo.jpg

2photow.jpg

3photo.jpg

Deano70

Standard Member
Cheers guys I went with the one Danny Danny bought as it said in the blurb it was specific to the projector, my screen is now up, projector ceiling mounted, some tweeking to get the biggest picture centralised and im there, any advice welcomed to get the best out of this projector, have to say just watched Avatar coming from my PS3 smashing.

dannydanny

Cheers guys I went with the one Danny Danny bought as it said in the blurb it was specific to the projector, my screen is now up, projector ceiling mounted, some tweeking to get the biggest picture centralised and im there, any advice welcomed to get the best out of this projector, have to say just watched Avatar coming from my PS3 smashing.
good to hear you're pleased with it as well - always good to pass something on and you get the same result :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom