• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend me a case....please

Johnytuono

Hi
I'm in the process of building up my system. I'm new to this but am computer savvy. Trouble is theres THAT many cases about I need help in narrowing it down to 2 or 3 models. Anyway, heres what features etc. I'd like.
First off my budget is up to about £170 and pref. aluminium body. I'm not after a full tower but must be able to hold at least a 10 1/2 inch card if I decide on one later. Looks wise it must look good or wifey will moan. I have a mATX board and a FSP Everest 700w psu. Tooless pref. and a removal m/board plate would be handy. Its not going to be a full on games machine but it would be nice to be able to handle it for the future.
Hope thats enough info.
Ta
JohnyT

danz1985

I've just had this Lian Li PC-7FW delivered, it is amazing and the build quality is top notch.

Only has 2 fans though which could put some people off. especially if you are going to have a hot, congested build.

I haven't bought the rest of components yet but to look at and the quality are easy to see.
I didn't want to spend too much on a case, and although 94 quid was above my budget I'm so glad I did get this.

danz1985

No worries, nice aren't they? Also well under your budget. Only problem you might have is stealthing your dvd drives. With the case being brushed Aluminum and most dvd drives being black plastic.

I had two parts turn up today, 2 x C-02B, again fantastic quality, I haven't fitted them yet though, waiting til Monday.

They are in the accessories leaflet you should have got with case.

I bought mine from here and turned up next day.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom