• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend me a case for 80gb Ipod Classic

Nero

Established Member
Hi,

Am looking for advice on getting a case for the above.

Its mainly going to be used at home so its only going to get occasional use out of the house for when i go on hols etc.

Have a Nano for everday use.

Thanks in advance.

Marvt74

Established Member
I've got a Griffin mirror front case thats really nice. Has a rubber back to help grip, and it covers the whole thing

timj

Standard Member
Griffin Centerstage, reduced to a bargain £2.98 :thumbsup: if you can still find one at Currys
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/centerstage

It is labelled for the ipod video 30/60/80Gb and comes complete with two separate backs - one for the 30GB iPod and one for the 60/80GB iPod
The bigger one fits my 160GB classic perfectly so I assume the one for the 30GB video will fit your 80GB classic

Classy mirror finish and comes with a built in stand perfect for watching vids, only downsides are if that it can't sit it in a dock, and you do have to turn the brightness up for viewing but I still highly recommend it

Also found it for £3.74 on this site:

http://bigmaggot.co.uk/GRIFFIN-CENTRESTAGE-FOR-IPOD-5G-60GB-SILVER-pr-5422.html

Francomac

Standard Member
i just got the griffin mirror case someone mentioned above but its terrible. mirrored finish is all scratched and it looks terrible now. only had it a week.

So had a scout about and came up with this

http://ifrogz.com

i bought treadz version. Gets some really good reviews at ilounge and other sites. its the version i bought with my own screenz cost $34. But found a voucher online for 15% off. had a look but cant find it in my email.

GazH

Established Member
Hi Nero,

I've got a Griffin Iclear case... Its a brilliant case, only leaves the clickwheel exposed..
Griffin Iclear

I've also got this case to pop it (to protect the clickwheel) in as I keep my Classic in my backpack a lot and it gets thrown around a bit.
Went for the brown... and chuffed to bits with it as I can put my headphones and USB cable in it as well:
Crumpler Case

HTH

Gaz

gingerninja72

Established Member
Another vote for the Griffin iClear here. Mine has been in the case since day one, and it has survived being bashed around in my 'man bag' every day, its been dropped once - its excellent. It does add a little bit of bulk to the layer, but its still thin enough to go in a pocket easily. Recommended.

Am not a fan of the invisishield things, and they're a pain in the butt to apply too

Nero

Established Member
Thanks for you ideas guys.

I like the look of the crumpler case. Its only going to be used very occasionaly so looks like it will do the job.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom