1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a Budget player please, need to buy tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BuyingATV, Oct 17, 2004.

1. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a cheap player that will yeild a decent picture, unlike the £30 compacks I bougth at safeways that was shocking, when things panned down you could see things sort of in bars across and it made for a very mepggy picture, leaves and any nature thing looked terrible and im not a picture perfectionist, i know a cheap player ant gonna be great. All I require is RGB output, I dont need 5.1 or anthing like that.

Im looking at that Pinonner dixons are doing, looks as good as any web deal. Or the Philips DVP520 which seems good for £49 at argos.

My budget is a mere 30-50£.

Thanks people

2. BuyingATV

BuyingATV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm on curry's the PIONEER DV-2750 is listed as not having RGB output, thats wrong isnt it? its down from £119.99 to £49.99.

3. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Don't know if I'm too late, but some Tescos are selling the DVD 520 for £45. Every little counts and all that.

Also, it'd be worth going to Sainsburys if there is one near you. They have the 520 at £50, plus my local store had (now sold out) DVD 630's for £45 - I bought one and can safely say this is a cracking little player and definitely better than the 510, despite costing less (if they have any)

4. gur

gur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to jump in but after buying a 520 for the kitchen from Sainsbury, where do you enable RGB through scart? can't see anything in the setup menus :confused:

Good little player for little cash, notcie sainsbury online has it for £45 inc free delivery :smashin:

5. sboy66

sboy66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try Panasonic s27, I ve got one and bought it after reading some reviews. All reviewers gave it excellent reports, easy to set up and I'm delighted with it's performance. You can shop around on the web around £60 delivered.

Regards,

sboy66