Recommend me a Bluetooth head unit

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by martyn3000, Feb 12, 2014.

1. martyn3000

martyn3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I'm after a single din head unit for my 182 Clio. Must have CD slot and Bluetooth and USB for connecting my iPhone 5S for streaming music and making calls. It would be nice if the lights were amber to match my dash, but this isn't a deal breaker.

I'm looking to spend around £100. My only stipulation is that it must be from Halfords or Argos, so I can use the capital bond vouchers I've obtained.

The ones I'm looking at are-

Sony MEX-BT3100U £89.99 @ Halfords

Halfords | Sony MEX-BT3100U CD Player with Bluetooth

Alpine CDE-173BT £109.99 @ Halfords

Halfords | Alpine CDE-173BT CD Tuner with Bluetooth

Kenwood KDC-BT43U £99 @ Halfords (one worrying thing is one of the reviews says when playing music off his iPhone 5 via Bluetooth, sound was only coming out of 2 speakers... Not sure if this was a one off fault with his unit or they're all like that)

Halfords | Kenwood KDC-BT43U Bluetooth CD Receiver with USB

Pioneer DEH-X5600BT £99.99 @ Argos (this is my top choice at the moment due to the eyes free Siri feature)

Buy Pioneer DEH-X5600BT Car Stereo at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for In car DAB and CD car radios.

Sony MEX-BT4100U £99.99 @ Argos

Buy Sony MEXBT4100U Bluetooth Car Stereo with USB and AUX Input at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for In car DAB and CD car radios.

Please advise on what you thinks best, or have I missed one altogether?

2. Jimbo 2

Jimbo 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi martyn,

To be fair all the models you listed above are pretty good, I've fitted various models from the bigger manufacturers in the last year or so and they all do the job pretty well for a "built in Bluetooth" head unit. Given the choice I'd probably go for the alpine as they still seem to have the better quality amplifiers in them for a better sound.
    A couple of years ago it would be more subjective on which model to go for but as I said you're pretty safe with any of the above choices.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers