Recommend me a 4G Broadband Solution for this House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenz

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I’m moving to a 3 story Jacobean property. It was built in 1621 so I have no possibility of running Ethernet around the place.

it has a ground to 3rd floor central stairwell. With clear line of sight from ground to 3rd floor.

The current owner has a BT Smart Hub 4 and on the 1st floor and the WiFi does not reach the ground floor or the 3rd floor - just one bar. The broadband is poor, only 4mb down and 1mb up.

Ive used my phone inside the property on 4G Three and I get 8mb down, 6mb up…. on the ground floor.

On the top floor, inside but next to the window I can get 50mb down and 30mb up… so I thinking of getting a 4G Broadband solution here and using WiFi and Powerline to get it down around the house?

Any thoughts on will this work and best 4G products to use - router and supplier? I want unlimited data and I do know I am in a good Three signal area.

My WiFi and Powerline challenge is here ;
Thread 'Help - Jacobean 3 Story House - Best WiFi or Powerline?'
Help - Jacobean 3 Story House - Best WiFi or Powerline?

Hi @Jenz - multiple posts aren’t allowed and multiple threads definitely go against the grain. I’ll lock this thread and all replies can go in the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom