1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a 28" w/screen TV for about £400-500ish?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Danatthepub, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Danatthepub

Danatthepub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As above, i need it to have at least 2x scart (1x has to be RGB at leastt the more the better!), s-video, take a pure NTSC signal, flat screen or a near to flat screen as you can get, i dont want a 100hz just normal, and above all a good quality picture!!!

2. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good Luck, if you search the forums you will find this is a very common question, in the end I purchsed the JVC AV28T25 from Empire Direct for £450 ish. I am very happy with the set as are some others on here, however others consider the RGB picture to be dull.

If you can compare the TV's in a local store as whatever TV you pick you will probably find negative comments on this forum about it.

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best of luck!
    I recently went through all this trying to get a new 28" widescreen.
    I would agree with bobble and go and have a look in the likes of Currys/Comet and get and idea of what you are after,I spent about 2 hours in there one time turning over channels comparing pictures between 2 or 3 different sets.
    In the end I settled on my first choice which was a Sony LS35 having owned several Sony sets in the past.
    I might be wrong but I think the pure NTSC is 3.58,some of the sets I looked at claimed NTSC but it was 4.43,dont know exactly what the difference is but on an old Phillpis set I had which said it was NTSC compatable it was only 4.43 and the picture was black and white with region1 dvd's.

4. Reepicheep

Reepicheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I've just purchased the Panasonic TX28PL1 (although it's not been delivered yet :mad: ) - it has a very good write up in What TV & Video magazine and when I looked at the set in Currys / Comet I was very impressed with the picture quality.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My new Sony KV28LS35s arrived at my parents' house about five minutes ago... now I have to wait a whole four days until I can pick it up....:mad: :mad:

The picture on this set is amazing... cannot wait to get it back here and hooked up.

6. mwhorley

mwhorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best value set has to be Philips 28PW6515.
    Excellent picture. Pure Flat screen with excellent geometry.
    Virtual Dolby with 30w output and subwoofer.
    Rotation control (un-like the JVC's).
    Small and nice looking.
    £459 from Comet Direct.
    What more could you want.
    Check out Sony as well also on offer at Comet!;)