• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend Cheap Pay and Go phone

silent ninja

Prominent Member
Hello

I'm after a a pay as you go phone for under £60, but the cheaper the better. I will be using it on O2. It will mainly be used for making calls and texting, but if it has a decent camera that would be ideal. No music, sat nav, internet browsing or any other more advanced features are necessary as I have devices that do that stuff already. The phone needs to be a bit rugged so that it doesn't severely scratch easily because it will often be left in the bag with keys and change-- a cover may well do this but often they look rubbish. I'd want good battery life too considering it's a basic phone. I currently use the K800i (yes i know it's realllly old but i got it cheap, battery life not great though) but it's served me well and the camera is brilliant for those on-the-spot pics. Something similar would be ideal.

Oh, and I do not want Nokia!

Thanks

Last edited:

Serpico

Established Member
I was in Tesco's filling station today and noticed them selling a PAYG mobile for £20 with £10 credit included. I guess it was on Tesco's own network, but aren't certain. No idea of the brand. But still, seems one hell of a deal.

Hillsman

Established Member
Samsung U600 is a pretty decent phone. I had this for 18 months with no problems and i believe its under £50 on 02 (Carphonewarehouse)

Excellent value IMO.

silent ninja

Prominent Member
Okay I've looked into a few of those. My brother had the U600 and he didn't like it and said it was a bit flimy as well.

There are lots of Sony Ericsson's walkman ones, but I've also found the SE T303i which is only £35. The camera is apparently useless but should fit the bill. I'll have a look at it in carphone warehouse.

Thanks for the replies :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom