Answered Recommend an Atmos soundtrack

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi so just finishing fitting my ceiling speakers and had a look but can’t find anything to recommend discs with good soundtracks that I can test my new speakers on, so hoping that you can recommend some discs and that I have a least one of them to have a play with, so what do you recommend?

Thanks

do you have Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction 3D the start is pretty epic on my 5.1.2 atmos setup I have a list of all my movies so will dig out some more in a second

John Wick: Chapter 2
Star Trek 4k
Pacific Rim

John Wick: Chapter 2
Star Trek 4k
Pacific Rim
Thanks don’t have transformers but have all of these, just to give my tv wall another coat of paint then that’s the tv back up and I’m good to go this afternoon/ evening with a play

what setup have you got ?

Same as you 5.1.2 I sit against the rear wall so no rear Atmos for me so only front, Yamaha rxa3050 with monitor audio silvers

For overhead demo scenes check out -

10 Cloverfield Lane
Goosebumps (US only)
Transformers 4 - AoE
Mad Max Fury Road

sounds pretty similar, I have KEF Q500s with Q200c, I used to have my rears just to the left and right as also sit against the wall, but have wall mounted flat speaks now, much better distribution of the surrounds and atmos effects :)

For overhead demo scenes check out -

10 Cloverfield Lane
Goosebumps (US only)
Transformers 4 - AoE
Mad Max Fury Road
Thanks only one of them is mad max fury road, will give it a go

sounds pretty similar, I have KEF Q500s with Q200c, I used to have my rears just to the left and right as also sit against the wall, but have wall mounted flat speaks now, much better distribution of the surrounds and atmos effects :)
Hi I have fx’s on the side walls firing across me at the moment,but mmm I don’t know about them they have been up there for years now, so keep thinking time for an upgrade

Hi I have fx’s on the side walls firing across me at the moment,but mmm I don’t know about them they have been up there for years now, so keep thinking time for an upgrade

I had kef eggs, the Wife decdied she wanted a nice new expensive copper light thingy from JL but the speakers got in the way!!!! so she only had to mention ONCE! maybe get new rears!!

the rest is history, I bought the KEF 101's as a pure experiment for my atmos speakers but are brilliant, so thought the KEf 301s had to be a compliment to them on the rear wall,

morale of the story, if the wife says its ok, just buy don't think !! :rotfl:

Blade runner UHD has fantastic use of overheads.
Have you got the BD box set of Game of Thrones (1-6). Just a 30s clip at the beginning of each disc has an ice box forming and that is also fantastic.

I've got the RXA3050 too, along with MA Radius 5.1.2

I recommend Deepwater Horizon, Sully & Great Wall to give the heights a good workout and test.

what about the atmos demo disc? It's not a film but really does help identify the fruits of your labour installing ceiling speakers

what about the atmos demo disc? It's not a film but really does help identify the fruits of your labour installing ceiling speakers

yes they are good discs, I didn't mention them as I know they are hard/expensive to get hold off, I got two but got them on the Q/T !

the maze! I thin its called is pretty impressive,

Maze Runner isn't "proper" immersive audio (DTS-HD MA) 7.1, but it's a great example of how good upmixing can be.

Unbroken has one of the best scenes I've heard so far, at the beggining in the 'plane.

I've got the RXA3050 too, along with MA Radius 5.1.2

I recommend Deepwater Horizon, Sully & Great Wall to give the heights a good workout and test.

+1 deepwater horizon is epic when it kicks off.

+1 deepwater horizon is epic when it kicks off.
Yeah it really is, really get an immersive feeling with the fire, flames and explosions.

In fact turn the heating up real high and it's a 4K 4D experience :rotfl:

Check out Gravity if you haven't already. It's still my reference point for atmos (along with Deepwater Horizon).

Deepwater horizon on uhd. The new Blair witch has some good atmos effects when the drone is about. However, not recommended as the film is dire.

Mr Wick , chapter one and two. Great throughout.
Gravity. Fantastic
Pacific Rim. Ball busting sound.
Kong Skull Island. Apocalypse choppers babe.
Sicario , fantastic explosions , chopper scene is demo .
Blade Runner, my new demo disc . Fantastic mix and use of soundstage.

The Conjuring 2 has a really good Atmos track. The Shallows is a cracker too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom