• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend an amp for me!

Kotatsu Neko

Distinguished Member
I've had a Pioneer LSX-LV70 for a long time now, around 10 years or so, and it's served me well... until recently. The remote is now dead, the amp sometimes doesn't turn on, and one of the HDMI ports has failed. So I'm reluctantly looking to buy a new amp.

My Pioneer cost me around £1000 at the time, but I'm wondering if I need to spend the same again this time around. I use it for movies and gaming mostly, and although I live in a detached house the sound level isn't crazy.

What's the best amp I could get for around £500? I need 4 or 5 HDMI inputs, and although I don't have a 4K screen yet I will do later this year, so 4K and HDR support is a must. I only run a 5.1 setup so I don't need Dolby Atmos.

The new Denon AVR-X2400H sounds interesting, or maybe the Marantz NR1607?

Thanks all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom