Recommend a widescreen Monitor not only for htpc

a_friend

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for one that will allow connection from a 360 (component), ps3(hdmi) and HTPC (vga or dvi) all at the same time so i'm not swapping connections.

Not to bothered about size but 24"'s are out of my price range so the cheaper the better.

Dell 2407WFP-HC

One DVI-D Input w/HDCP Support
- One Analogue Input
- One S-Video Input
- One Composite Input
- One Component Input

Can't find anything smaller with the same amount of inputs. You'll need to use PS3 HDMI-DVI, might have problems with that?

Well there is the upcoming 22" 225MS from Samsung, don't know the ETA

Failing that there is the 21" Samsung 215TW. It has HDCP compliant DVI port, d-sub, component, s-video and composite. Dunno where cheapest is though. Thing is it is a discontinued model since a couple months ago. It uses a higher quality S-PVA panel which is better than TN panels which has unfortunately been what 22" monitors exclusively use. Ebuyer have bumped the price up to £330 from £222 last week though OcUK are still selling it at £235. But it is 1" smaller than 22" which you may have seen in person

If you want, I can post forum and review links

Maybe the LG 22LS4R / LG M228WA may suit you, it has most of the connections you need (apart from HDMI) and hopefully should be around at cheaper price point than other 22" panels like the Asus PG221.

Thanks all, are their any with HDMI inputs around without having to use a converter?

and are these displays able to display 1080p (downscale)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom