Recommend a Vegetarian Restaurant in London

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests I’m looking for recommendations for a nice (preferably Michelin starred) Vegetarian restaurant in London for my vegetarian wife.
Thanks

As the title suggests I’m looking for recommendations for a nice (preferably Michelin starred) Vegetarian restaurant in London for my vegetarian wife.
Thanks

You might struggle to find a Michelin starred Vegetarian restaurant. The French are not big fans of veggies.

Saying that, this one is supposed to be good: Vegetarian Restaurant London - Vanilla Black

Was just about to say there arent any michelin starred veggie restaurants in london but vanilla black is the only michelin recommended one.

I think that some restaurants that are Michelin and aspiring to be Michelin will do a vegetarian tasting menu on request which may or may not broaden the list a little if the restaurant itself doesn't have to be exclusively vegetarian.

As a vegan, I'm a big fan of Amico Bio, particularly the Barbican branch. It has its share of detractors, but I think it's because they misunderstand the point of the thing - it's simple Italian food cooked extremely well, with good-quality fruit & veg from the family's farm in Naples. On the pricey side - my wife and I usually spend £110 or so. Order more dishes rather than fewer.

Apart from that, many like Manna (in Chalk Farm), but we feel that that's gone markedly downhill in the last ten years and is now in a bit of a rut and inconsistent. Mildred's (mentioned above) is ok, but I don't think it's the sort of thing you're looking for - cramped, no reservations so you have to wait at busy times, food is generally quite good but we tend to have their burgers rather than anything more "proper meal"-like. 222 Veggie Vegan (inspired name, huh?) in Fulham is nice, but overpriced, small and slow. The Gate (also mentioned above) is good for vegetarians but not great for vegans. Tibits in Heddon Street (off Regent Street) is one of our favourites - a kind of high-class buffet.

Those are the main ones off the top of my head, but for veg*n restaurant discovery generally (globally), have a look at HappyCow.

Couldn't you look for an Asian Michelin starred restaurant ? I've seen a few mentioned on cookery shows. Many Asian cuisines tend to treat vegetables as a lot more than just a side dish to meat.

A quick search throws up Tamarind. Which is Indian with a fantastic vegetarian menu apparently

Last edited:
The conservatory of the Lanesborough Hotel, Hyde Park Corner used to have a vegetarian degustation - 8 or 9 courses of the most yummy food.

I have just looked on their site and they seem to have changed things round.

You could try contacting [email protected] to see if they still do this.

I had the best meal of my life there years ago - we had our own waiter, our own wine waiter, and the chairs were more thrones than chairs !!

Couldn't you look for an Asian Michelin starred restaurant ? I've seen a few mentioned on cookery shows. Many Asian cuisines tend to treat vegetables as a lot more than just a side dish to meat.

A quick search throws up Tamarind. Which is Indian with a fantastic vegetarian menu apparently

Thats not a bad idea, we both like Indian and I should be able to get my meat fix:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom