Quantcast

Recommend a set of hair clippers

GaryMo

I'm looking for a good set of clippers that are quiet and don't have guards that have a tendency to stab your scalp! They're to use on my 4 year old who has a close cut all over but the set I have (just a cheap Remington ceramic set) frightens the life out of him.
I guess I'm looking more for a professional set. Corded or cordless, don't mind but just want a good set that will last.

GaryMo

Cheers guys, just looked on Amazon with the advice given.
I think the Wahl clippers look ideal but am torn between the Super Taper and the Magic Clip. Both are similarly priced at around £46.

Wahl Pro user, more torquey motor on them use at around £150.

tazmago

Another vote for the Wahl super taper here, use em every week and still running and cutting perfectly :thumbsup:

Coffin

Distinguished Member
I got these after they were recommended by several people on here: Philips QC5530 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper with 180 Degree Rotating Head: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

Best purchase I've made in the clipping department :clap:

I note there is a newer version for £5 more, which is supposed to be quieter although it lacks the longest cutter of up to 30mm.
Good morning to you, IG. May I ask whether you're still using the QC5530?

I'm in need of a new set (having to-date used a non-branded set), & I see the newer QC5570 is available for only £24 new from Argos & Amazon! Cheers

IronGiant

Yes, and shaved the lot off last night using them, to support my Son's Movember effort this year :)

gibbsy

We have a very good Wahl cordless one for trimming our Cocker Spaniel. The wife decided to use on my hair, did a fair old job so now it's a regular trimming for me. Biggest drawback is that I cannot pass a car wheel or tree without wanting to relieve myself, or that just could be my age.:(

simonlewis

I've got some remington clippers which i bought in the early 1990's still going strong.

IronGiant

Note: this two year old thread was bumped by Coffin just to ask whether I was happy with the Phillips clippers I have. I am :D

Doug the D

Good morning to you, IG. May I ask whether you're still using the QC5530?

I'm in need of a new set (having to-date used a non-branded set), & I see the newer QC5570 is available for only £24 new from Argos & Amazon! Cheers
Note: this two year old thread was bumped by Coffin just to ask whether I was happy with the Phillips clippers I have. I am :D
Oh. Maybe I just read it wrong. I read it as;

'Hey IG, if you're not using the QC5530, I'm after a set ;)'

A bit like;

'Have you finished with that newspaper?'