Recommend a replacement remote for DigitalStream DHR8205

MarkA

Loving the DigitalStream DHR8205. However MrsA has griped a little at the fiddly little buttons on the remote control and the slightly awkward placement. On the rare occasions I get the remote in my mits, I must admit it's not the greatest.

So maybe it's time to consider one of these whiz bang programmable remotes - maybe Santa will send me one! If we go down this route, it would be handy if we could also use it for the TV (Sony KD32DX100) and Freesat PVR (Grundig GUFSDTR500HD) too. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

petrev

Loving the DigitalStream DHR8205. However MrsA has griped a little at the fiddly little buttons on the remote control and the slightly awkward placement. On the rare occasions I get the remote in my mits, I must admit it's not the greatest.

So maybe it's time to consider one of these whiz bang programmable remotes - maybe Santa will send me one! If we go down this route, it would be handy if we could also use it for the TV (Sony KD32DX100) and Freesat PVR (Grundig GUFSDTR500HD) too. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

Hi

After lots of searching and recommendations from AVF members I got my mother the Logitech Harmony 300 (about £28 Amazon and £30 Richer Sounds). Good ergonomic layout and works 4 devices.

£20 + Post (£24.68 on offer from Misco inc. Postage)
Logitech Harmony 300 Remote - Misco.co.uk

The Harmony website Database now has the DHR-8205 remote in. Most keys are pre-loaded and the rest are easily taught it.

You can go on the Logitech website and check that your devices are in the database (no doubt they are).

Cheers
Pete

professorhat

Yes, I'd definitely go with a Logitech Harmony - I've got the older 555 model and, though it can take a while to get it programmed exactly right, once you do, you can put all your other remotes in a draw and never think about them again!

The good thing about them is the Activities - essentially you program it so that you just press one button (such as Watch PVR) and the remote will send the correct signals to switch on the TV, Digital Stream and AV / stereo amp if you have one and set them all to the correct inputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom