• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend a recorder??!!?

P

pc71

Hi people,

I have struggled along with the awful Samsung SH853M for a couple of months now and its just no good, I cant put up with this pile of rubbish any more. It has numerous issues with it, from simply copying stuff from the HDD to a disk (up to 90 minutes) and the inability to even finalise a disk most of the time, let alone the other horrific issues it has...

So the time has come to take it back and get something else, but what?

I have a budget of around £250 and would like all of the features the Samsung gives, such as hard drive recording, HD 720p, DivX playback.

I know a lot of you have spent time and good money on decent machines, so I would really appreciate a 1 sentance post from you recommending a recorder that I would be happy with that has the features I need. Any posts will be very welcome :)

MuksC

Established Member
yes, as Ramjet says, the Sony is a great machine and has divx so will be suitable for you.

if you didn't need divx or Series Link, then i'd recommend the Panasonic EX77 or EX87.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom