Recommend a quiet 50mm fan?

2DandStereo

Standard Member
I appreciate that small fans are not clever for delivering silent cooling, but size is not an option. I have just replaced the fan on my Toshiba RD85 HDD video recorder as it was intermittently making imminent death noises. The choice locally was limited, the replacement part has a higher specified current and makes far more flow noise. Checking on specs via the internet, the outgoing Tranyoung/Cofan 5025LL12S 12V fan has a very low 2500rpm operating speed and 14dB rating (still delivers 8cfm, recorder is rated at 35W so not a huge task - another application for this particular fan is a rack mount server) and I can't find anything that matches it - even Scan's Fractal Design fan is rated 5dB louder. Temporary replacement is 12cfm @ 5000rpm. Any recommendations for brands or UK suppliers that might be a solution?

delta_42

50mm is an awkward size, PC case fans tend to be 40, 60, 80, 120mm so you might struggle for choice

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom