Recommend a phone for my Mum

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by BandofBrothers, Sep 8, 2012.

1. BandofBrothers

BandofBrothers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Hey guys,

My mum currently has some old school Vodafone mobile, and would like a phone like my dad's (which is an Android phone - Orange San Fransisco which I rooted for him a while ago).

I am ideally looking for one which is ready to go out of the box without any messing around required. She is with Giff Gaff so would like a sim-free phone / unlocked phone so she can use her current sim card.

Don't want to spend a ton of money, as she doesn't use them all that often.

Many thanks for any recommendations :smashin::)

2. blaster9999

blaster9999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    for android
    Huawei G300 cheap as chips as low as £80 from Tesco 4" screen, 1 gig processor, on gingerbread good budget phone (yes it comes locked to voda but is easily unlocked )

Sony Xperia U signif "nicer" phone one drawback is fixed memory no space for a microsd. It also has climbed in price as the cheaper 4 gb ones seem to have disappered, 8 gb one about about £140

If you're willing to think a little out of the box then there is the Nokia 710 on win 7. Now nokia and Microsoft are about to move to win 8 but 710 from CPW for around 100. You know your mum's tech ability.(mum wife and I were on the same buld of android and using identical phones yet she regularly crashed it ). Win 7 will not be as flexible as android, but it may give you peace of meed, not giving you as many chances to crash. :)

It just works, plenty of apps to fill it out . People section will prob be of interest.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  3. douki

douki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Another vote for Lumia 710. It's user friendly and has everything she'll need. I'm thinking of you here as well because If you get her an android phone chances are you'll be spending forever trying to explain how to use it.