1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommend a new mobile phone

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by dood, Dec 3, 2003.

1. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I am using an ageing but good Nokia 6210. I will be in the UK over Xmas/New year and am toying with the idea of buying a new phone.

What can you recommend for about 150 quid or less and where should I shop for it? It must be smallish, colour screen, preferably some organiser functions such as memo or to do list. I don't particularly need a camera, MP3 but polyphonic ring tones would be nice. I don't need a contract line. It must work on GSM. I have a palm PDA so some sort of infrared compatibility with the PDA or PC compatibilty with palm desktop software would be nice. Long battery life is desirable. I've always liked Nokias but the new Sony Ericsson stuff looks great too.

Any recommendations welcome. Does anyone taketrade-ins on old phones and if so what could I get for mine?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Carphone wharehouse have some outlet shops that sell repackaged hand sets, best check the compatibilty with network out in Zim. T68i and T610 are good with good organiser functions etc.