• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Recommend a lounge main TV set please!

quacker

Novice Member
Our old trusty Sony 29in FST has finally "retired" - at present, an old 20in CRT (previously used in caravan!) is being used.

The main set will ideally be 32-37in LCD and used for V+ (ultimately). I rarely use downstairs, having my own den upstairs etc. So ultimately, reliability and longevity are more important than fancy gizmos. My dad will probably not appreciate too much high tech!

Please feel free to recommend and reasons.

Cheers

Steve

quacker

Novice Member
Come on, you're not all this reticent with opinion normally :lease:

sejjie

Novice Member
You need to give more information.

a) Budget
b) More detail on what you will actually be watching.
c) 32 or 37? Decide on which size is appropriate first and things are made much easier.
d) Fancy gizmos normally equals a lot better picture so its something your Father might be interested in?

Really the main thing is the size issue. Its a lot easier to recommend when you tell us this. The 32 inch range is a totally different to the 37.

quacker

Novice Member
You need to give more information.

a) Budget
b) More detail on what you will actually be watching.
c) 32 or 37? Decide on which size is appropriate first and things are made much easier.
d) Fancy gizmos normally equals a lot better picture so its something your Father might be interested in?

Really the main thing is the size issue. Its a lot easier to recommend when you tell us this. The 32 inch range is a totally different to the 37.

Ok then - cheers;)

A 37in HD ready. V+ and HDMI will be as hi-tech as he gets. Reliability and price are main considerations. The flat panel is essential as will be wall mounted to free up existing space.

I should mention the picture he watches at present via indoor antenna for terrestrial viewing is one I wouldn't watch, but he likes the old teletext.

Cheers - I'm all researched out after searching for my Panny LXD70 32in withouit starting again lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom