Recommend a light switch for 12 LED down lights

14mark41

Hi all,

Im having trouble finding a light switch to power 12 LED downlights in my cinema room.

I ideally liked the look of the 'Varilight touch / remote dimmer switches' but these seem to have a max of 10 lights per gang?

3 Gang 250w 2 Way V-Pro Master Remote Touch Dimmer - Brushed S/Steel

Any one using a switch using more than x10 lights or can recommend one?

thanks

Mark

14mark41

Can anyone help? :(

snaithg

Hi all,

Im having trouble finding a light switch to power 12 LED downlights in my cinema room.

I ideally liked the look of the 'Varilight touch / remote dimmer switches' but these seem to have a max of 10 lights per gang?

3 Gang 250w 2 Way V-Pro Master Remote Touch Dimmer - Brushed S/Steel

Any one using a switch using more than x10 lights or can recommend one?

thanks

Mark

Can anyone help? :(

How would the switch "know" that you had more than 10 LED lamps, as long as the total load is within spec ?

Why not try one of the Varilight switches [V-Pro ?], you should be able to return it if it is no good.

Graham.

14mark41

Hi graham.

It wouldn't I presume, It's just that I don't know much about watts so didn't know if it would blow the switch.

Guess I could give it a try as you said and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice

snaithg

Hi graham.

It wouldn't I presume, It's just that I don't know much about watts so didn't know if it would blow the switch.

Guess I could give it a try as you said and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice

Just make sure that you buy an LED capable dimmer switch such as one from the Varilight V-Pro range. Not all dimmer switches work with LED lamps!

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom