Recommend a light switch for 12 LED down lights

14mark41

Hi all,

Im having trouble finding a light switch to power 12 LED downlights in my cinema room.

I ideally liked the look of the 'Varilight touch / remote dimmer switches' but these seem to have a max of 10 lights per gang?

3 Gang 250w 2 Way V-Pro Master Remote Touch Dimmer - Brushed S/Steel

Any one using a switch using more than x10 lights or can recommend one?

thanks

Mark

14mark41

Can anyone help? :(

snaithg

Hi all,

Im having trouble finding a light switch to power 12 LED downlights in my cinema room.

I ideally liked the look of the 'Varilight touch / remote dimmer switches' but these seem to have a max of 10 lights per gang?

3 Gang 250w 2 Way V-Pro Master Remote Touch Dimmer - Brushed S/Steel

Any one using a switch using more than x10 lights or can recommend one?

thanks

Mark

Can anyone help? :(

How would the switch "know" that you had more than 10 LED lamps, as long as the total load is within spec ?

Why not try one of the Varilight switches [V-Pro ?], you should be able to return it if it is no good.

Graham.

14mark41

Hi graham.

It wouldn't I presume, It's just that I don't know much about watts so didn't know if it would blow the switch.

Guess I could give it a try as you said and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice

snaithg

Hi graham.

It wouldn't I presume, It's just that I don't know much about watts so didn't know if it would blow the switch.

Guess I could give it a try as you said and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice

Just make sure that you buy an LED capable dimmer switch such as one from the Varilight V-Pro range. Not all dimmer switches work with LED lamps!

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom