Recommend a jet wash / pressure washer

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one, I don't want to spend a fortune (max £150). Any recommendations please, are they all pretty much the same?

Bought a Karcher K4 for £134 on Amazon Prime day but it's normally well over £200

Might be able to get a good deal at a closing Homebase.

See a £125 Karcher today for £55

I have a Karcher K4 purchased for cleaning patio / pathway / decking

Whilst I can compare it to any other as it's the first I've had I have found it to be excellent and I'm very pleased

Price discount from B&Q at the moment which is handy if you want want immediately

Karcher K4 Full Control Pressure Washer | Departments | DIY at B&Q

You will see the reviews are good.

I guess you need to decide if you need the full premium pack which is expensive, but, if it just flags and paths then the standard pack is fine

Argos also do it a £1 cheaper and Argos vouchers did sell in the classifieds here so possibly a further 10% saving

Mark

You can get a refurbed karcher k2 full control with the better Lance for about £50 delivered direct from karcher

Karchers are very hit and miss. Do a review search and you will find some of the same model that last years, others that fail after one use.
I have had 3 or 4, I bought them second hand or as non-working for repair. Usually the plastic parts crack and are as much to buy as the washers.
I got rid of all the Karchers and now use an old Kew Hobby. Probably about 30 years old, but all the important parts are metal. It is not as powerful as the more modern washers. But I can go to it any day and it works. I even bought a second one for future spares. It was described as 'faulty'. Turns out it had a blocked nozzle.
But buying older second hand items is not for everyone. You may not get a duff new Karcher. But be warned, you may do.

After three broken karchers I had enough. I've now had an on paper less powerful nilfisk from screwfix for the last five years and still going strong. It was only £99 as well.

No more karcher for me.

Thanks chaps, yes I'm going for a Nilfisk after reading some good reviews about them and some suspect reviews about Karcher breaking down and being expensive to fix. I had never heard of Nilfisk before.

Karcher K4, got mine a month or so ago from Amazon. No issues at all.

Karcher gets a bad name on forums because of the entry level K2 model (which does have a plastic pump). This model sells extremely well because it can be had for under £50 generally but it is pretty bad. Weak pressure, noisy motor and prone to breaking if kept in a cold shed over the winter (especially if it hasn't been drained).
Comparing this model to a £110 nilfisk isn't a fair fight. If you want a pressure washer you can't go wrong with a karcher K4-K7. Water cooled, metal pump and higher pressure.
I have a K5 and it is excellent. It wasn't cheap but worth every penny.

Karcher gets a bad name on forums because of the entry level K2 model (which does have a plastic pump). This model sells extremely well because it can be had for under £50 generally but it is pretty bad. Weak pressure, noisy motor and prone to breaking if kept in a cold shed over the winter (especially if it hasn't been drained).
Comparing this model to a £110 nilfisk isn't a fair fight. If you want a pressure washer you can't go wrong with a karcher K4-K7. Water cooled, metal pump and higher pressure.
I have a K5 and it is excellent. It wasn't cheap but worth every penny.
Sorry I disagree, I've had everything from a £150-£300 Karcher...All the same, leaking from the motor, and also from the trigger...Always kept in the garage and basically used every other week. Not just comparison with a small under powered model.

Sorry I disagree, I've had everything from a £150-£300 Karcher...All the same, leaking from the motor, and also from the trigger...Always kept in the garage and basically used every other week. Not just comparison with a small under powered model.

Actually, now you mention it, I did suffer from a leaky trigger on a high end karcher but it was about 10 years old at the time.

Maybe I have been lucky but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another karcher (but not the entry level ones).

i would recommend Direct Hoses Black 8 pressure washer - I have one but currently sold out and no idea when back in stock. Great bit of kit, extremely small, great constant pressure, better than Karcher (from my experiences and more akin to a Kranzle but each to their own) Not overly keen on Karcher after mine just fell to bits and keeps pulsing and not that old hence getting the black 8. Good thing is Karcher bits work with this.

I've a Karcher (no idea which model), and it's works well, but when it packs in I'm thinking of a small petrol washer. Does anyone own one? Seen Lidl had them recently but no idea of the quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom