Recommend a hoover

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know most on here are men and hoovers are not our field of expertise, however I thought I would ask anyway. I am looking at treating the other half to a new hoover :)

The Dyson DC40 Multi Floor seems to fit the bill. We don't have pets and have a mixture of carpet, wooden flooring and tiles (plus stairs so ideally it needs to be light).

Anyone any thoughts on the DC40 or any of the smaller Dyson's on sale these days (cordless, handhelds). Or any other make you have found to be better than Dyson.

And they say Romance is dead :love:

Miele have always been better for me than Dysons, Dysons are good at first but after a while they don't suck as good lol

I am accustomed to a hoover ( i have been well trained by the lady of the house) , Henry gets my vote, clears up all my Diy jobs with ease.

This could have all been resolved by my previous comments in similar threads regarding a Suck Off :clap:
But no one was Man enough to put their nozzle where there mouth was....:(

......whoa, wasn't Valentine's Day a couple of months ago, or is it a 'special' birthday?

I've currently got 2 x Dysons (both with varied faults), a relatively expensive Miele S720 for the carpeted floors and extended cleaning needs and a £35.00 Vax which sounds like a souped up Citroen Saxo for wazzing around the wooden floors.

In all honesty I wouldn't buy another Dyson, or a Henry (due to their CLASS A narcotics binges)

We have a Dyson ball upright and have had it 3 years problem free. I'd buy another tomorrow.

Sorry, but the OP asked for someone to recommend him a Hoover.

So why all the suggestions for Dyson, Meile, Henry and Vax? ;)

Pedant, and whilst we are at it, it is Miele ;)

Yes I have to agree and make a point of order. Hoover is the name of a firm. Vacuum cleaners are what the OP is asking about. Think of the damage you could do. 'My Hoover is useless but it's not made by Hoover'.:smashin:

And to be even more pedantic the OP asked us to recommend him a hoover not a Hoover :)

I am accustomed to a hoover ( i have been well trained by the lady of the house) , Henry gets my vote, clears up all my Diy jobs with ease.
Plus if you use a hepa filter bag you can connect to the back of a sander and it takes up nearly all the plaster dust.

I'm a Neato fan. No need to do manual cleaning when you have a robot to do it for you :)

I have an older Dyson Cordless, and even with a replacement battery in it it is really only useful for doing a rug or a spill, not as a main machine.

We have had a Henry for 5 years now. Its alright but I would have thought there is better out there for doing carpets. It has however been as reliable as and taken some serious abuse. A few years ago I decided to hoover the paint flakes from round a large tin of paint I had opened to stop them falling in and slipped. The nozzle went right into the paint and sucked loads of it up into the hoover. Old 'Enry wasnt bothered in the slightest. If I was a betting man I recon a Dyson would have OD'd.

Another vote for Henry. Can be had for £80 and bags are cheap as chips off Amazon.

I have owned Miele, Dyson and Henry although my Henry is a French one so pronounced slightly differently.

Anyway, the 15 + year old Henry is still in use today! same motor anyway. It gets used for rubble and builders dust and gets absolutely hammered beyond belief.

My Miele Cats and Dogs vacuum is incredible also.

I went trough a few of the Dyson uprights. I don't think they are well made. I recently got one of their cordless and it's brilliant.

I have owned Miele, Dyson and Henry although my Henry is a French one so pronounced slightly differently.

Anyway, the 15 + year old Henry is still in use today! same motor anyway. It gets used for rubble and builders dust and gets absolutely hammered beyond belief.

My Miele Cats and Dogs vacuum is incredible also.

I went trough a few of the Dyson uprights. I don't think they are well made. I recently got one of their cordless and it's brilliant.
thierry henry
ImageUploadedByAVForums1398372192.292337.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom