Recommend a head unit

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hi there

I’m looking to update my 2011 Insignia and would like to have an aftermarket head unit installed one with android auto and apple CarPlay plus dab radio/Bluetooth etc and was wondering what people here would recommend? I’ve looked at places like Halfords who do installations but only on their own products and I didn’t find one I liked. Are there any aftermarket Chinese ones that are good and if so is there anyone you could recommend who would install it? Am based in Cambridgeshire but can travel if needed.

Ideally looking for cheap but cheerful no more than £300-£400 including installation. Is there anything out there in this price range?

Thank you

Saf

dazdem

ive got kenwood on android auto-it also has garmin which meant a big install fee-all you need for phone assist head units is the adapter for vehicle and any fascia parts-stick with kenwood,pioneer,jvc,sony and you wont be disappointed
that was just a quick look and just so you know jvc is kenwood:laugh:

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
@dazdem thanks mate so in theory I could buy any head unit and install it? The ones you linked to do you know of anyone or anywhere that fit them?

Cheers

Saf

dazdem

yes but you do need vehicle adapter and fascia adapter-do bear in mind if you go with dab that usually means removing a pillar trim to fit aerial.any car audio shop usually has a fitting service just google your area for car audio and give then a ring :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom