• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Recommend a good Centre and Subwoofer? Onkyo SR-607 - B&W Speakers

brazim01

Standard Member
Hi, I'm a home cinema separates newbie and looking for some assistance. My kit list thus far is a bit of a hotchpotch of stuff from different places as follows:

Onkyo SR-607 AV Receiver (new)
B&W P4 Floor Standing Speakers x 2 (Fronts)
B&W 601 S2 x 2 (Rears)

Panasonic 42PZ80B
PS3
XBox 360
Macbook Pro (DVI-HDMI + Optical Audio)
Sky HD

I am looking for a suitable sub and centre for this lot. I have been scouring e-bay looking to get a bargain on some entry level B&W stuff to compliment the existing (and well trusted) B&W equipment I already have. I've seen the AS2 sub and various centres. Budget is cheap as possible but just looking to understand other peoples' experience with this sort of set up.

Also, can anybody see me having any problems with regards performance relating to the the age of these speakers or the fact that they are from different B&W ranges?

Also, any recommendations on wire. I currently have some copper £2/mtr stuff from Richer sounds.

Thanks,

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom