Recommend a friend / cancelling subscription

fruvos

I wonder if anyone can help me out with some advice ...

I have had Sky installed in our current, rented flat for approximately 18 months. In late January we are moving to a new flat which as Sky cabled in through a communal dish.

My mum is looking to take out Sky at home in the next few weeks, and I was considering recommending her as a friend to Sky. Going by the information that I received through in a mailer just last week from Sky, this would mean that I could get a free Sky+ box and she could get her Sky box and installation for free through being recommended.

Is it possible, therefore, for me to recommend my mum and receive the Sky+ box. Then when we move house cancel the Sky subscription that we have in our current flat, retaining both the original Sky box and the Sky+ that we received for the recommendation. Then, once in the new property, I can get my mum to recommend me (under my wife's name) meaning that my mum gets a Sky+ box and we get all the benefits of being a new subscriber.

Would this work? By recommending my mum am I agreering to another 12 month contract or such like? Does the fact that I took out Sky Broadband about 2 months ago affect any of this either?

Any advice / similar experiences appreicated!!

nisnos

not fully sure but i got mine PLUS installed averything for free on the recommend a friend(i got it from his recommendation) not sure about your old box though.

I wonder if anyone can help me out with some advice ...

I have had Sky installed in our current, rented flat for approximately 18 months. In late January we are moving to a new flat which as Sky cabled in through a communal dish.

My mum is looking to take out Sky at home in the next few weeks, and I was considering recommending her as a friend to Sky. Going by the information that I received through in a mailer just last week from Sky, this would mean that I could get a free Sky+ box and she could get her Sky box and installation for free through being recommended.

Is it possible, therefore, for me to recommend my mum and receive the Sky+ box. Then when we move house cancel the Sky subscription that we have in our current flat, retaining both the original Sky box and the Sky+ that we received for the recommendation. Then, once in the new property, I can get my mum to recommend me (under my wife's name) meaning that my mum gets a Sky+ box and we get all the benefits of being a new subscriber.

Would this work? By recommending my mum am I agreering to another 12 month contract or such like? Does the fact that I took out Sky Broadband about 2 months ago affect any of this either?

Any advice / similar experiences appreicated!!
Your Sky broadband would need transferring to the new address (does it not have a twelve month minimum contract?) and linking to the same valid Sky TV account

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom