• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

recommend a freeview box (mirai)

S

SCAB

i have a Mirai DTL-632V200 and normal tv throught the RF port looks crap
im hoping buying a freeview box will fix this
can anyone recommend a decent cheap freeview box that will look good on my HDTV

[email protected]

Standard Member
Not sure about a box specifically for HDTV (I have 28" wide CRT) apart from that some DVD Recorders can upscale Freeview.

I'd recommend a Sagem: RF loopthough looks spot on, picture quality better than my DVDR, though you can get asked if you want to rescan several times a week, though you can ignore, (because of new stations or stations changing their channel) - not Sagem's fault but I'd prefer it was left to me to rescan than be prompted. Also crashes about once per month (also when changing channel) but I've heard of far worse and it takes 10 seconds to reboot. The difference between the models is whether you want to pay for a 2nd Scart (for a recorder), TopUpTV/Setanta slot (acts like a CAM so you don't have to buy one), now/next or a proper EPG.

I'm only telling you what I've experianced. I've heard horror stories re other brands. I don't know if the bigger brands do any better - they tend to cost more, but then the Freeview on my Panasonic DVDR has never ever crashed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom