Recommend a decent pair of noise cancelling earphones

DrPhil

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Have a few flights to take this year, including a few transatlantic ones. I want to get a good pair of noise cancelling headphones.

I don't have the budget for top end stuff at hundreds of pounds, but I could go to £100 maybe.

No need for Bluetooth as I want to be able to plug into in flight systems. Over ear, not in ear. Ideally I'd like to be able to buy locally so I can test them in work this weekend before a flight to Prague next week but that would limit me to Argos and Currys!

As above cant beat the Bose QC25, QVC has 7-10 day delivery to Ireland though. Everyone i've let listen to mine does the same jaw drop face expression without fail as soon as I turn noise cancellation on

That seems like a great price. I've had the QC15 for 7 years and have been great. The battery lasts ages too. I did need to change the ear pads recently, but they were only about a tenner IIRC.

Have you noticed with all reviews nowadays nothing is as it seems..... Apparently the Lidl ones outperform Sony, JABRA & BOSE....

Good luck with the hunt mate, I've struggled

As above cant beat the Bose QC25, QVC has 7-10 day delivery to Ireland though. Everyone i've let listen to mine does the same jaw drop face expression without fail as soon as I turn noise cancellation on

Doesn't need delivery to Ireland, I have family in Northern Ireland.

Either way its cutting it fine though. I need them by Wednesday.

Was also looking at the JBL E65BTNC and the Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC

Both available locally.

4th attempt bloody add expanding across typing block!

Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC app firmware update has caused an issue. A new fw should be released soon.

I like the JBL but the padding is thin, so can cause earache.

I've got the sennheiser HD4. 40BT, which don't have noise cancelling but are bloody good.

Battery lasts ridiculously long, they are very light and comfy, sound is deep and clear and they are well built.

Picked up the JBLs today. Watching a film at work now on the laptop.

Never had noise cancelling set before, just how much noise are they supposed to kill? I'm in a call centre and I can still hear my colleagues, very faintly. Like someone in the next room.

Im actually thinking of getting the Bose QC25 delivered by Wednesday and then give the JBLs to my wife.

Picked up the JBLs today. Watching a film at work now on the laptop.

Never had noise cancelling set before, just how much noise are they supposed to kill? I'm in a call centre and I can still hear my colleagues, very faintly. Like someone in the next room.

Im actually thinking of getting the Bose QC25 delivered by Wednesday and then give the JBLs to my wife.

You really do get what you pay for. But you should be amazed by how much background noise they take away.

When I tried the boss Qc30 I think, it was too much for me. Made me dizzy. But could also be as it is over ear which make me too warm and uncomfortable.

The JBLs are good, it is an odd sensation though. Kinda like you've been swimming and have water in your ears.

My wife is fussy, unless it's total deadening of external noise she won't be bothered.

Just bought the Bose QC25 from QVC. £104.87 including delivery and after a fiver discount as a new customer.

If the wife doesn't fancy the JBLs I'll sell them in the classifieds/ebay.

Ps I've had a really quiet night in work. Watched 3 films, 4.5 hours in total. Also about an hours worth of podcasts etc.

Ears are fine. Not overheated or squashed, I'd definitely think I'll have no issues on a transatlantic flight.

The Bose set won't arrive before my flight next week but that's fine.

I spent an hour in Currys this morning with the Sony 1000mx3, paired it to my phone using the Sony app and I was blown away.

Even making a phone call, exceptional headset & now on my want list.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom