Recommend a decent courier for 40"tv

Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've got a 40" lcd for sale, it weighs around 25kgs I'd say.

I am after collection preferably so buyer can see condition etc and it saves the hassle of postage etc, but I would send the tv if I didn't get interest for collection.

Are there any companies you would recommend, also do they provide insurance for if the item breaks, is the insurance included in the price, or do you normally have to pay extra for the "better" insurance?

I know I could ring up and ask a few companies but wanted a few recommendations on decent reliable companies who will provide hassle free claims if anything gets damaged, stolen etc.

I've never used a courier for such a large item and am a bit paranoid of sending so any views, advice etc welcome.

Wow I'm overwhelmed with the responses, please slow down, I can't keep up :rotfl:

HOTLINKED IMAGE REMOVED BY MOD

Last edited by a moderator:
If selling (judging by your sig you are) i'd let the buyer arrange their courier if pickup isn't an option for them.

Insurance with these things can be a pain and a lot of the main ones wont accept TVs, though you don't have to specify it being one - very risky though.
Never had to ship a large TV myself but as far as I know there aren't many options.

If selling (judging by your sig you are) i'd let the buyer arrange their courier if pickup isn't an option for them.

Insurance with these things can be a pain and a lot of the main ones wont accept TVs, though you don't have to specify it being one - very risky though.
Never had to ship a large TV myself but as far as I know there aren't many options.

So if I let the buyer arrange the courier, what happens if the tv was damaged in transit?

Would it just be down to the buyer to "sort it" or would I have to be responsible for anything?

As mentioned before I am after collection (as I normally do in my trades on these forums) as it avoids the hassle that can come with couriers etc and that way the buyer can see exactly what they are buying when parting with their cash, the condition etc but where I am after a quick sale I would consider posting if it meant selling quicker.

I just want some peace of mind, I'm normally a negative person and I always like to know what happens in worst case scenarios so I know what my options would be, as opposed to everything going smoothly.

I'd hate to be in a situation where I sold something, it got damaged and it ended up in a long process to get it sorted.

So if I let the buyer arrange the courier, what happens if the tv was damaged in transit?

Would it just be down to the buyer to "sort it" or would I have to be responsible for anything?

As mentioned before I am after collection (as I normally do in my trades on these forums) as it avoids the hassle that can come with couriers etc and that way the buyer can see exactly what they are buying when parting with their cash, the condition etc but where I am after a quick sale I would consider posting if it meant selling quicker.

I just want some peace of mind, I'm normally a negative person and I always like to know what happens in worst case scenarios so I know what my options would be, as opposed to everything going smoothly.

I'd hate to be in a situation where I sold something, it got damaged and it ended up in a long process to get it sorted.

I'm not quite sure what the rules for these boards are on arranging shipping etc as i've never used them for trading so you might want to check that.

Usually i'd sell large items as such as collection only and if someone wanted to use a courier and was the only way i'd want them to sort it and for it to be their responsibility for any damage, but i've never done that either as i'd be quite reluctant to do anything other than collection only as they could say it wasn't packaged correctly etc...

I'm sure someone on here has sold a TV and shipped it, maybe they'll be more use than me.

Usually i'd sell large items as such as collection only and if someone wanted to use a courier and was the only way i'd want them to sort it and for it to be their responsibility for any damage, but i've never done that either as i'd be quite reluctant to do anything other than collection only as they could say it wasn't packaged correctly etc...

That's the thing that puts me off right there, the whole he said she said scenario.

I've seen problem threads where a seller sends goods, the buyer receives them and says they are in bad condition, damaged etc and the seller says they weren't damaged etc when he sent them.

A courier would want to see proof when going through the claim procedure

I have had terrible experiences with FedEx and UK Mail and would urge caution to anyone thinking of using them!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom