Recommend a camera £250-£300

cameraclues

Standard Member
you need to be a bit more specific on what you plan to use it for. although I too am new, this is what they will ask you straight away

LeeholmeLegend

you need to be a bit more specific on what you plan to use it for. although I too am new, this is what they will ask you straight away

Yeah you're right, far too brief a question! Its not for me, i'm buying my fiance a camera as a gift! I dont want one of them small, compact style digital camrea's as she already has one of them and wanting to upgrade, has to have a proper lens and maybe the option to change lenses.

Ta

S

shoalin kid

I bought a Sony a390 because the alphas can use old lenses(very important when you find your feet) I know Sony is kinda frown on but as a starter dslr you can't go wrong

eduk

Distinguished Member
Yeah you're right, far too brief a question! Its not for me, i'm buying my fiance a camera as a gift! I dont want one of them small, compact style digital camrea's as she already has one of them and wanting to upgrade, has to have a proper lens and maybe the option to change lenses.

Ta

a dSLR in only the start, unless you are willing to spend another hundred or two on a second lens you might be better off with a super-zoom bridge camera.

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
or an EVIL camera would be a good step up without going full DSLR

cameraclues

Standard Member
what is your budget?
as said dslr will be an ongoing cost due to needing different lenses, so if you want a one off purchase I would go bridge.
explain your budget and what your fiance is likely to photograph

LeeholmeLegend

£250-£300 but would spend more if it was for the right camera. Taking pictures of people, places, animals, anything really, i know she would like a camera with a quality zoom.

Some examples of these camera's would be good, i have no idea about camera's, so many to choose from,

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom