Recommend a budget receiver for a newbie

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ric449, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ric449

ric449
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

I need some help with receivers. I recently ordered a set of ATH-A900 headphones, and I need to connect them up to my Xbox 360 and Toshiba 32WLT66 TV. I also need to connect them to my PC, but that will be easy because I will just plug them straight in.

The problem I have is connecting the headphones to the Xbox and TV. The TV has phono audio out, the red and white cables. The Xbox has the same, but it also has optical out. To connect these to the headphones I have been told I need a receiver. I'm not looking for a top of the range system, to be honest I don't even know what a receiver is fully capable of doing in a home audio setup. All I want to do is get my new headphones connected up. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2. alphabet

alphabet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are only doing to use headphones, why not look for a secondhand stereo integrated amplifier?

I don't think an AV Receiver will be required to satisfy your immediate needs.

3. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I'm in agreement with this as you'll only be using stereo. You'll get a much better quality item for the money too.

Dan.