1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a BUDGET 28" TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by southpaw, Aug 16, 2004.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a GOOD 28" Widescreen tv for between ideally £200 - £300 or a max £400.

I'm looking for a good tv at a good price. A good brand with as much as possible.

I have had a look around and can get either a 50 or 100mHz Flat screen for £300 - £400.

However would really appreciate your recommendations.Have been looking at Samsung, LG and Jvc so far.

2. Grenaldo

Grenaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got advised off a senior member that the Jvc AV28X4S was great value for money 28 incher and a very good picture quality, thats a 100hz flatscreen for £400 at empiredirect.co.uk, will be getting it myself

3. Breeza

Breeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  4. Grenaldo

Grenaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Grenaldo

Grenaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    i bought two 32 inch pacific tvs from asda £350 each for spare tvs and system link xbox.for the price you cant go wrong .

at the moment they are selling the pacific 28 inch for £175

7. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can go wrong if you have to replace it prematurely. And who are Pacific? What's their reputation for quality and customer satisfaction? Who will be able to repair them in a couple of years time? How long will the tube last? Where is their customer support based? What's the picture quality like? WHY IS IT SO CHEAP IN THE FIRST PLACE?? (There's always a reason!)

8. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    its a cheap tv from asda with a 1yr guarantee it does what it says on the box
    CHEAP TV

9. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheap to buy doesn't necessarily mean that you get good value or will enjoy low cost of ownership.

For my part I'd reccommend spending a little more and buying a Sony KD-28DL11. For sure it'll blow your budget (by £5!) but because it's an IDTV you won't need the additional cost (or complication) of a Freeview box.

The quality is likely to be first rate since the near-identical DL10 model won a 5-star BEST BUY award from What Video Widescreen Entertainment and Sony TVs did very in the recent Which? reliability survey.

If you're not interested in digital, there is a analogue-only version (KV-28CL10) which is even cheaper.

It has a 50Hz picture but if you don't normally notice screen flicker then you don't need to wory about that. (Cheap 100Hz sets tend to show nasty side effects from 100Hz processing anyway).

If you want the best picture quality and reliability that your budget will allow I'd wholeheartedly recomment either of these TVs.