Recommend a Blu-ray player please

GaryMo

I'm looking for an upgrade to my current Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player

I'm looking for a player with faster disc loading times (a must) and possibly one with USB support, if any have this, that will enable me to watch mkv, divx and avi video files through it. I have no requirement for 3D. Ideally black in colour.
Price wise, up to £100ish

Any recommendations?

bumpymark

hi mate i reccomend a lg bd550 i recently bought one of these players and it a good player it has your requirments and can be had for £70 ish oh and its black as well! :devil:

malcky

Novice Member
The BD650 can be had for £64.95 at Amazon - I assume it's higher spec?

LG BD650 2D Blu-ray Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Hi mate, did you ever get any of the LG machines?

Im looking at the BD550 for myself, even though its an older model it has more connections (component & HDMI & a digital coax out) which makes it more useful in my house depending on which TV or projector I hook it up to or if I ever upgrade it then this can be used on a bedroom via component.

Just wondering what you thought of the picture and upscaling of it.

GaryMo

Hi, yes, I got a BD650 and am over the moon with it.
I've not watched a DVD on it to present so can't comment on upscaling though I've watched plenty of 720p TV episodes and movies off a USB stick and am really happy with the picture. The only real issue is the remote isn't the best in the world, you pretty much got to target the receiver but that's not a massive issue.

skk3

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom