1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a 36" WS CRT TV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Lucid, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Lucid

Lucid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy a 36" WS CRT TV. The only important must have features i need are (1) it must be NTSC 3.58 compatible and (2) it must have either 2 RGB Scarts or 1 RGB Scart and 1 Component.

Any recommendations or ideas?

I have been looking at the Toshiba 36ZD26P. Not sure if thats NTSC 3.58 compatible though.

2. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +380
    Welcome to the forum. You're unlikely to get many replies to your query as this ground has been gone over many times in the past. Your best idea would be to use the search function - either look under 36" televisions or the particular Tosh model you're interested in.

Good luck

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 36" panasonic pb50. It is very good.

However I used a Video Essentials disc to set up colours/white balanace/contrast etc.

There seems to be a severe proplem with an affect similar to the checked jacket effect seen in the 70s on telly.

Now I wasn't able to solve this. It was with a Region 1 Pioneer DVD player utilising an s-Video connection.

The problem may not be seen using RGB. My region 2 RGB player is currently plugged into my cienma and full of discs (its a 200 disc autochanger) so its not esy to unplug and lug into the living room.

It could be just htat combination so if somebody else can dispute this on RGB then this is a very good TV.

Got mine from BE Direct - very good service - recommended

4. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +380
    Graham

Have you seen any more football ~( Iknow you're not a fan) Still concerned with blurring and last time you said it looked awful.

Quote:
    The problem may not be seen using RGB. My region 2 RGB player is currently plugged into my cienma and full of discs (its a 200 disc autochanger) so its not esy to unplug and lug into the living room.

a 200 disc autochanger - bloody hell!!!