Recommend a 26/27" LCD

GadgetObsessed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good quality 26/27" LCD?

This is going to be used as a second TV in a childrens play room. I will also use it to watch the odd program.

It will be connected to a Sky box and a DVD player - both via RGB so 2 RGB inputs would be good. HDMI would be useful as I may upgrade to Sky's HDTV service one day.

32" screen vetoed by the wife as looking too big for the room. (Wife's mother has a 32" Tosh LCD in a similar sized room and I can see my wifes point.)

Must have speakers under the screen rather than on the side - we both find side speakers very ugly. Cannot get Freeview so a built in digital tuner is of little use but I would get a screen that had built in DVB if it also had better PQ.

My main concern is getting good picture quality. Many LCDs have very artificial looking colours to me. e.g. mother in-law has previous generation Tosh 32" (WL48?) and skin tones look particularly poor to me - no matter how I try and tweak it.

Budget up to £1k max. I realise that I can get a 32" LCD for this money but it has to be 26/27" Will probably buy a larger LCD for lounge (37") whenever I upgrade to HDTV anyway.

Thanks
Gary

You can't go wrong with the Sharp LC26P50E for a good second TV.

Having a quick look around the front runners for me appear to be:

Panasonic 26LXD52 £725
Toshiba 27W56 £566
Sharp LC26P50 £530
Sony KDLS26A12U £778
JVC LT-26D50 £625

Anyone have any thoughts on these specific models?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom